FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"The Proximity Fuse"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Jim French Productions Forum Index -> Harry Nile Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nanda

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:07 pm    Post subject: "The Proximity Fuse" Reply with quote

Hello, All Smile

While listening to IT on KIXI online last night, I was glad to have a bowl of snacks handy so that my fingernails were safe...The hour-long format allowed for fuller development of plot and characters; it really drew me in! Thanks, as ever, for top-notch radio drama! Looking forward to more...

Ever a fan,

Nanda
DrBob

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 4:53 pm    Post subject: Hour Long Hary Nile Episodes Reply with quote

I think untill this last one I liked "The Case Of The Interstate Stalker" (155, 9-19-04) the best of the full hour shows. I believe it was the second to the last one done by Phil Harper.
Stewart

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:23 pm    Post subject: RE: Hour Long Harry Nile Episodes Reply with quote

While I enjoy all of the Harry Nile episodes, my favorite hour-long episode is the first episode, "West For My Health," which originally aired as part of the Crisis series on January 1, 1976 on KVI.

It later aired as part of The Adventures of Harry Nile series on November 22, 1977 on KVI
and
also aired as an Imagination Theatre episode on February 09, 2003.

Signing off for now,
Larry Albert

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:37 pm    Post subject: West For My Health Reply with quote

Stewart; as a long time fan of Harry's first show how do you feel about the different he took as Jim developed the series?
Stewart

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 6:28 pm    Post subject: Them Changes Reply with quote

Quote:
Larry asked:
Stewart; as a long time fan of Harry's first show how do you feel about the different he took as Jim developed the series?

I was lucky to be living in the Puget Sound area and hear the initial broadcast of "West For My Health" on January 1, 1976. I enjoyed it immensely and hoped that it would not be a one-shot program. Little did I know that Harry's new adventures would be airing into the 21st Century.

Them Changes
I have enjoyed the changes that Jim has made in the Series and the Harry Nile character over the years.

The greatest change that Jim made to the series was the addition of the Murphy character in episode 021, "The Twenty Dollar Trackdown." She was not the typical recurring female character of the detective series from the Golden Age of Radio. Also, I have enjoyed her continued development as a character over the years. Wonderful work by Pat and Jim French.

Having been a Puget Sound resident for nearly 11 years, I loved it when Harry took up residence in Seattle. The Emerald City deserved its own radio detective and they got a great one.

I always enjoy learning more about Harry's background and his past cases, particularly those that cover his Los Angeles and Chicago years. The start of episodes covering Harry's World War II activities is a story aspect that I have been hoping to hear for many years. I really enjoy them.

I am glad that the Harry Nile character survived the death of the first actor to play the part: Phil Harper. Several years ago, when I interviewed Phil, he told me that he knew that his health problems would probably result in a relatively early death. In that interview he told me that he hoped that the Harry Nile character would continue after his death. Also, I believe that Phil would be very happy with the work of his Harry Nile successor: Larry Albert.

True To The Vision
I also enjoy what has remained the same with the series.

This is a tribute to Jim French's vision of the essential attributes of the Harry Nile character. Jim has remained faithful to that basic vision. The basic attributes of the Harry Nile character are what sets him apart from most Radio P. I.s.

Harry is definitely not a hard-boiled P.I. He seldom uses his gun or gets into a fight, but he's no wimp. This guy can be tough when necessary.

He's a detective who is a real human being. He'll never be rich or have a fancy office; he's usually a single step ahead of the bill collectors. Even after years in the business, he's not completely cynical. He cares about his clients and his greatest strength is his humanity.

Enough of my ramblings. Let's hear from some of the other fans of Harry Nile.

Signing off for now,
chal3oye

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a long time fan of Harry's first show how do you feel about the different he took as Jim developed the series?
Dr Bob

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:30 am    Post subject: I like the change Reply with quote

I like the changes in Hary as he grows older and wiser. I like the way Jim (etal) keep to Harry's codex.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Jim French Productions Forum Index -> Harry Nile Discussions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: